Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Blogging 101

In order to facilitate some out of class discussion, I’ve created this blog where members of our course can share their thoughts, work and comments. A blog is like an online diary. People write entries and they are stored online by date. The most useful part about a blog is that they allow groups to share feedback through commenting.

I have made a couple of entries, including the short piece I wrote for last Monday’s class on A History of South Africa.

Now it’s your turn! It is very easy, I swear. I have sent everyone in the class an email with instructions. You will need to create a username through www.blogger.com. Just follow the link. Once you have registered, you will be able to contribute through the post feature. If you get lost, don’t give up! Just email me and I will help. As you will discover, there are many additional features besides just posting.

Hopefully this will be more accessible and organized than mass emails. Please participate!